Between the Steamboat base village and downtown Steamboat Springs, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a dull moment. Steamboat Springs provides shoppers with dime-a-dozen Western specialty and souvenir shops, while the base village provides gear and technical outerwear fanatics will a range of ski and sports shops. Steamboat Springs has a great dining scene and has several historical museums worth a visit.
Steamboat Outdoor Activities
Below you’ll find Ski.com's top Steamboat outdoor activities picks.
- Whiz down the mountain on a tube at Howelsen Hill at Steamboat or at Saddleback Ranch’s Yew-Haw Tubing Hill.
- Explore the area’s many trails and take in the pristine winter wonderland atop a horse.
- See the Rockies from the dizzying and breathtaking heights of a hot air balloon.
- Kids will love the Coca-Cola Adventure Zone, which features a bungee trampoline.
- Glide on Steamboat’s 9 miles of cross-country trails.
- Experience the Rocky Mountains on a horse-drawn sleigh.
- Relax at the Old Town or Strawberry Park natural hot springs.
- Speed around the back country on a guided snowmobile tour.